worm immobilization

Hanna Fares fares at email.arizona.edu
Thu Apr 22 01:35:36 EST 2004

To all,

	I am curious as to whether anyone has developed techniques for
immobilizing live worms on slides for the purpose of doing time-lapse
microscopy.  For example, to follow the behavior of a GFP-tagged
protein in a cell over a considerable amount of time (30 min-hours).  I
am aware that 10 mm levamisole was very effectively used to study the
rate of transport along cilia of neurons (JCB 147, 519-530), though
these are thin structures and the time scale is fairly short.
	Thank you for your time.  Please send your responses to me and I will
collate them into one file that i will post.

Johnny Fares
Assistant Professor
1007 East Lowell Street
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ, 85721
TEL (office) :  520 626 3759
TEL (lab) :  520 626 5996
FAX:  520 621 3709

Hanna (Johnny) Fares
Assistant Professor
1007 East Lowell Street
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ, 85721
TEL (office) :  520 626 3759
TEL (lab) :  520 626 5996