TF Binding site database

J. Mcelwee jmcelwee at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 13 08:24:13 EST 2004

    Hello everyone.  I am interested in putting together a database of C.
elegans transcription factor binding sites for a potential study we'd
like
to do, and to make available to the C. elegans community.  Any
information
which you all would care to share would be quite helpful, and would make
the whole process much easier.
    We're primarily interested in getting PSSM matrices or actual DNA
sequences bound by various TF's, as well as any supporting
information/references.  If you'd be willing to share information with
us,
we'd like:
1.  A binding matrix, either PSSM, or a list of DNA sequences bound by
the
TF.
2.  How the sequences were identified (in vitro or in vivo, EMSA,
footprinting, etc).
3.  Any known target genes of the TF (verified through direct binding
analysis).
4.  Any comments, notes, or references concerning the PSSM.
5.  Whether you would like the information made available to the rest of
the community.  If you would prefer we not make the information public
we
will consider it a personal communication.

   Thanks for any help, and feel free to contact me with questions.

Sincerely,
Joshua McElwee

**********************************

Joshua McElwee