Research Assistant Position Available

Anne Villeneuve villen at pmgm2.stanford.edu
Wed Sep 22 14:56:09 EST 2004

Research Assistant Position Available

A Research Assistant position is currently available in my laboratory
in the Department of Developmental Biology, Stanford University School
of Medicine.  Our laboratory investigates molecular and cellular
mechanisms underlying the faithful inheritance and function of
eukaryotic chromosomes, using the nematode C. elegans as an
experimental system. Work involves a variety of procedures including:
RNAi-based and genetic screening in C. elegans, expression and
purification of tagged proteins, affinity purification of antibodies,
western blotting, immunostaining of chromosomes and tissues in situ,
general molecular biology procedures.  Duties also include
responsibility for overseeing frozen strain collection and general
laboratory organization.  Requires B.S./B.A. degree in applicable
science field. Prior experience with molecular biology, C.. elegans
genetics, protein expression or antibodies preferred; microscopy
experience a plus. Emphasis on responsibility, organization and
record-keeping skills, and an ability to work independently and
troubleshoot. Ideal candidate will have an eye for details, be able to
multi-task and be self-motivated.

To apply for this position, please visit:
http://jobs.stanford.edu
and refer to Requisition #006318

Anne Villeneuve
villen at cmgm.stanford.edu