Reminder: Call for teaching posters for the 2005 International

Jim Lissemore jlissemore at
Mon Apr 11 01:37:35 EST 2005

The deadline for submitting abstracts for the 2005 International C.
Meeting is approaching so I want to take this opportunity to ask for
of abstracts that deal with the use of C. elegans in teaching (abstract
deadline is midnight on Tuesday, March 22, 2005,  U.S. East Coast time).
Abstracts for teaching posters are to be submitted using the same
mechanism for
submitting research poster abstracts on the meeting web site
<>;. Be sure to check
on the list of session topics when you submit your abstract.

I ask that anyone using C. elegans in any aspect of teaching (lecture,
lab, or
other) consider making a poster to maximize exposure and dissemination
of ideas
at the meeting.  Please don't think that your uses of C. elegans in
may be too simple to share; your "simple" idea may not have occurred to
everyone!  I have requested that the teaching posters be grouped
together in
the abstract book and at the poster session where they may stay up for
length of the meeting.

If you presented a teaching poster at a previous International C.
Meeting, I ask you to consider updating your poster or even presenting
original poster if it has not been updated.  Teaching ideas are rarely
published so "recycling" a poster will likely present your ideas to at
some folks who did not see it at a previous meeting.

I would also appreciate if anyone considering presenting a teaching
would let me know so that I can get a rough count of the number of

Finally, teaching workshops are also being planned for the meeting.
will follow at a later date.

Jim Lissemore
Associate Professor
Biology Dept.