[Celegans] RNAi experiments for the classroom

Nash, Bruce nash at cshl.edu
Fri Mar 24 13:34:40 EST 2006

Dear All,

I am looking for RNAi experiments to include in a course. I am hoping to find conditions that yield highly penetrant, easily scored phenotypes (for instance, paralyzed or very dumpy) for use in classroom settings (at the high school and college level). I am investigating soaking and feeding protocols for these experiments. If anyone has examples that meet these requirements, I would be very thankful if I heard from you.

I am also hoping to have an experiment demonstrating the power of RNAi for use screens. If anyone has an example of suppression of an obvious mutant phenotype, or a synthetic interaction with a mutant leading to an obvious phenotype, please let me know.

Thank you very much,

All the best

Bruce Nash,
Education Coordinator