[Celegans] microscope specifications for D-type neurons in L1 and L4

Susana Santos via celegans%40net.bio.net (by susana.santos At icfo.es)
Mon Nov 27 09:36:09 EST 2006

Dear all,

I'm starting my work with C. elegans (namely with D-type neurons) and  I'm
interested to know what are the microscope specifications for visualisation
of this kind of neurons in L1 and L4. I've been reading a lot on the subject
and it seams like the best general approach is, undoubtedly, DIC.

Is there a possibility to identify these neurons (GFP-marked) with a
commercial microscope (Nikon-Eclipse TE2000U) operating with a 60x, 1.4 NA
oil immersion objective?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best,

Susana Santos