[Celegans] C. elegans diet

Val Smith via celegans%40net.bio.net (by vsmith from ku.edu)
Fri Jul 27 14:39:33 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues:

An undergraduate in my laboratory is interested in working with C.
elegans grown in semi-continuous liquid culture.  Most published
studies that I have found use monocultures of eubacteria as the
primary food source; one study used yeast cells.  I was wondering
whether small unicellular algae (such as the green alga Chlorella)
can successfully be used as an alternative food source as well?

Many thanks for your kind help!

Best regards,
Val

Val H. Smith