[Celegans] microinjection pads

bishemer from email.unc.edu via celegans%40net.bio.net (by bishemer from email.unc.edu)
Thu Mar 15 13:11:49 EST 2007

Hi,
it sounds tough. The way you make and bake your pads seems fine. I am
assuming you make the agarose in water.
I know some bake the pads even before each injection, but your problem
seems too extreme to be resolved by that.
One thing that might affact you is the worms themselves. If they carry
with them too much bacteria, or far worse, non-op50 liquid-like
bacteria, then this will interfere with their ability to stick. I
usually take regular NGM plates WITHOUT op50, at least a couple of days
after they were made and move my worms to these plate and from there:
to the injection pads. You can also warm them up(the plates) a bit
before transferring the worms.
Good luck
Gidi

Dr. Gidi Shemer
Goldstein lab
Dep. of Biology
UNC- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Phone: (919) 843-8576
Fax: (919) 9621625

Mailing address:
CB#3280, Coker Hall,