detection of actin fibers

Raul Valdes-Perez valdes+ at CS.CMU.EDU
Thu Aug 19 11:41:29 EST 1993

Are there any groups trying to automate the detection of actin fibers,
or of other filamentary structure in cells?  By `detect' I mean, for example,
to describe the precise position of each fiber in space, 2D space in the case
of having only 2D data, or 3D space when one has a depth stack of 2D images.

We are working on this problem at CMU's Center for Light Microscope Imaging
and Biotechnology, and would like to know of other efforts elsewhere.

Raul E. Valdes-Perez                valdes at
Carnegie Mellon University          (412) 268-7127