Controlling % oxygen in medium

charles francis delwiche cdelwich at nickel.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:32:11 EST 1993

I would look at the gas exchange literature.  There are several
manufacturers who make gas exchange systems that can do exactly what
you want to do.  My impression, though, was that you were more
interested in the nitty-gritty hardware details, like what kind of
flow controller to look for, and I can't help you with that.  The
obvious way of measuring oxyen in your culture medium would be with an
oxygen electrode, and you should be able to control the partial
pressure of oxygen by bubbling an appropriate mix of gasses through
the culture flask.

--
Charles F. Delwiche		Tel: (812) 855-2549
Dept. Biology, JH 142