IF on neutrophils

William H. Guilford guilford at salus.med.uvm.edu
Tue Apr 12 12:05:00 EST 1994

In article <9404080441.AA01509 at uranus.med.pitt.edu> corey at MED.PITT.EDU (Seth Corey) writes:

>I am interested in doing IF on human neutrophils. Any recommendations
>for getting the neutrophils to stick and spread on cover slips? We
>have been trying RPMI/10%FCS

Seth:

  It's not working?  I can't speak for neutrophils, but I've never had trouble
getting hamster or mouse alveolar macrophages to stick and spread on glass
coverslips with RPMI 1640/10% (or even 5%) FCS.

  I wanted to work with hamster neutrophils under the same conditions, but had
trouble isolating them.

  I'm sure this doesn't help much, but I'll be interested in the good responses
you get.  8)

- Bill