WEHI (b cell) tranfections - lack of expression

steven joseph chmura sjchmura at kimbark.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 18 10:50:05 EST 1994

This is really quite odd, and I am at a loss for an explanation.

We have been transfecting WEHI231 cells which are an imature murine
b cell lineage with various constructs.  We have used CMV-neo-X,
SV40-neo-X etc.

We select for the neo resistant strains - works great.

But then we look for expression of our protein - nothing.
Look at northern's - nothing.

We run PCR - we have the gene there.

What is going on?  Is the prmoter being turned off?  Am I
just incapable of running a western?

Has anyone else had similiar difficulties with b cell lineages?

thanks

--
________________________________________________________________________________Steven Chmura		 University of Chicago Medical School(MSIII,PhD1)
		   "If medicine was easy, any idiot would do it"