apoptosis

Sat Dec 3 01:20:03 EST 1994

Dear Andy,
If apoptosis is a step of differentiation, then it may be initiated and
constrained by the trajactory of a differentiation wave. See:

Bjorklund, N.K. & R. Gordon (1993). Nuclear state splitting: a working
model for the mechanochemical coupling of differentiation waves to master
genes. Russian J. Dev. Biol.  24 (2), 79-95.

for a model that might be expandable to what you are seeking, and:

Bjorklund, N. K. & R. Gordon (1994). Surface contraction and expansion
waves correlated with differentiation in axolotl embryos. I. Prolegomenon
and differentiation during the plunge through the blastopore, as shown by
the fate map. Computers & Chemistry  18(3), 333-345.

for the latest on differentiation waves. Best regards, -Dick Gordon[Dec3,94]

On 2 Dec 1994 bordeaux at cwu.edu wrote:

> A lack of cellular growth signals can lead to programmed cell death,
 apoptosis but during embryonic development some apoptosis is desireable
(for example, to