*HELP* Cell viability expts

Laurence May Pharm lm at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 7 07:15:51 EST 1994

I am investigating the effect of an anti-tumor drug on mammalian cells.
The method I am using is trypan blue exclusion but I can't seem to get it
to work properly. I have tried many different techniques,

e.g. lifting cells with trypsin and counting in a haemocytometer
     growing on coverslips and then placing on a drop of trypan blue on a slide.

But I have not yet recieved clean data...I am getting tired of people in my
lab saying that it is easy to do but then nobody showing me how to do it.

Could anybody out there mail me to tell me how it should be done...or even better if anybody works in Cambridge and wouldn't mind showing me how it's done :)

Any mail which says that it is "easy" will be deleted....*kidding*

Thankyou very much

Loz
lm at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk