RU486

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Mon Dec 12 15:13:40 EST 1994

Merle Potchinsky () wrote:
> Does anyone Know how I may get a hold of RU486 (steroid hormone antagonist)
> domestically.  This is a regulated drug and can only be obtained from
> France.  I would be interested in knowing whether this could be obtained as
> a gift from a lab who uses it in the States.  I would only need a small
> amount for research purposes. Thanks.

I wanted to reply to you directly but you don't have a valid email address.

Anyways, you might try to contact the following companies:

Hoechst AG

Roussell Uclaf (the French producer of RU486, owned partially by Hoechst;
  I don't know whether they have an American subsidiary (?))

Celanese Corp. (an American company owned by Hoechst)

In my experience companies are quite generous with rare substances.

--Cornelius.

--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany  */
/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795  */