search for pancreas

NICHOLAS THEODORAKIS ntheo at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Wed Dec 28 12:53:34 EST 1994

In article <3ds2lf$ffs at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com>,
Magid tabatabai <magid.t at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Couple of days ago, I was showing off the ease of access to information
>on Internet, to a friend of mine (Eurpean surgeon who is doing a
>reserach on pancreas in U.S.)
>He asked me to find any article related to pancreas.
>
>I used Archie and telneted to archie.internic.net , but doing a search
>on pancreas returned zero match.
>I am kind of baffled and can not understand, how could it possible that
>one not be able to find info, on part of a human body on the net.
>I will appreciate if someone can tell me what tool I need to use and
>where do I need to look to find info on pancreas.
>
>Thanks
>
>magid.t at ix.netcom.com

Gee, I guess the power of the 'net has been oversold.  I just looked in
Medline (a database of medical and biological journals, commonly
available at many universities and medical schools) for "pancreas" and found
7487 articles from 1990-1994 alone.

--
			Nick Theodorakis
			ntheo at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
			Johns Hopkins Medical School, Baltimore, MD