Best, cheapest recombinant interleukin-2?

Dr. Colin R.A. Hewitt crah1 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Feb 2 12:20:56 EST 1994

Date:          2 Feb 1994 15:55:07 GMT
From:          hbriem at rhi.hi.is (Helgi Briem Magnusson)
To:            "bionet.cellbiol mail newsgroup" <bionet-news at daresbury.ac.uk>
Subject:       Best, cheapest recombinant interleukin-2?

Hello out there.
   I was asked to post a query about the best and cheapest
sources of recombinant interleukin-2 (IL-2).  I realize
that the best may not be the cheapest.  Any info would
be appreciated.

Regards, Helgi Briem
Institute for Experimental Pathology
Keldur
University of Iceland

I get clinical gradehuman  rIL-2 from the local hospital pharmacy dept.  It is called
aldesleukin (Proleukin) and is made by Eurocetus UK. I don't have their address,
sorry. One dose is 18 million units and costs only #140. I use it at 20 units/ml and it
works as well as 20 units/ml Boehringer rIL-2 . (18 million units of Boehringer would
cost tens of thousands of #).

Good luck

Dr. Colin R.A. Hewitt
University of Leicester/MRC