Temperature for Xenopus cells

DNewmeyer dnewmeyer at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 19:28:02 EST 1994

In article <MAILQUEUE-101.940707145633.480 at ETSUSERV.EAST-TENN-ST.EDU>,
MILLERH at ETSUSERV.EAST-TENN-ST.EDU ("Hugh Miller") writes:

>>We are beginning a project which will involve short-term culturing of
cardiocytes from Xenopus laveis.  I am looking for information
concerning the appropriate temperature at which to maintain these
cells at.<<

Xenopus cells don't do well above ca. 27 degrees C. Since frogs are
poikilothermic, their cells will, however, grow at quite a range of
temperatures below that. I'd recommend doing quick growth curves at
various temperatures to find the best one for your cells.

Don Newmeyer