Paramesium Behavior

Joel Henkel jhenkel at cambridge.village.com
Mon Jul 11 21:13:02 EST 1994

I am interested in identifying cell biologists working with Paramesium,
particularly their behavior. My purpose is to try and fit some ideas I
have about information theory (concerning Donald MacKay's two forms of
information, selective--the bit, and structural--the logon and the metron)
and Gregory Bateson's notion of consciousness and mind as a cybernetic
circuit connecting the world--terrritory, and a model of the world--map,
held internally in an organism. I would like to apply this to the
simplest organism possible, a single-celled Paramesium. I would like to
translate my ideas (as a physicist) to biology-ese. Does anyone know
who might fit the bill?
Joel Henkel