Plant tissue culture

Lynn S Dahleen dahleen at badlands.NoDak.edu
Thu Jul 14 07:43:29 EST 1994

Clare Grant (Solo at thebarn.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: I hope this is the right group to post this to. Sorry if it's not.

: I need some info on plant tissue culture techniques - what medium is best etc.

: Thanks in advance

: Clare
: --
: Clare Grant

Optimum medium and conditions depends on what plant  and plant tissue you
are trying to culture.  Most embryo culture uses some modification of
basic Murasige and Skoog medium, usually alterring the carbon source and
the plant hormones.  Anther culture is a totally different story, with
dozens of recommended media.  There has been several recent papers on how
micronutrient concentrations in MS medium are not optimal for monocots,
especially the copper conc.  I work on barley currently, and have done
some tissue culture of oats and tall fescue.  If you want details on
these crops or related species, feel free to e-mail me.

Lynn Dahleen
dahleen at badlands.NoDak.edu