cell-proliferation assay

Mark Mattson mpm at seqanal.mi.uky.edu
Thu Jul 14 11:11:25 EST 1994

AMRUT S BHOGLE (AMRUT at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU) wrote:
: Dear Readers,

: 	I would appreciate if somebody could let me know of what should be the
: specific activity of trtiated thymidine used in a cell-proliferation assay.  I
: would also appreciate if somebody could let me know how long can one store
: tritiated thymidine without deleterious effects.

: 	Thanks.

: 	Amrut

I have had good results with 5 microCi/ml of 5 Ci/mmol [3H]thymidine, and
the stuff seems to be stable for at least a year.

Steven W. Barger, Ph.D.
Sanders-Brown Center on Aging