EGF-receptor preps:HELP!

VOSS at AIMP1.UNA.AC.AT VOSS at AIMP1.UNA.AC.AT
Tue Jun 21 10:01:15 EST 1994

Hi netters,
we are trying to prepare EGF-stimulatable EGF-R from pH 8 stripped A431
membranes. We always get presps with contain an activity which stimulates
phosphorylation of a test peptide. This phosphorylation can be inhibited by
a EGF-R specific inhibitor. However, we are never able to stimulate thiis
actiivity with EGF - which should be possible!
So, what is the trick to prepare EGF-stimulateble membrane preps form A431
cells?
Looking foreward to your suggestions

Tilman

Tilman Voss Ph.D.