Mastoparan activation of G proteins and NDPK.

Parent Stephane parents at ERE.UMontreal.CA
Wed Mar 2 09:25:25 EST 1994

In article <2kqv8fINN1ass at sat.ipp-garching.mpg.de> krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de (Cornelius Krasel) writes:
>Lee F. (Frank) Kolakowski (lfk at receptor.mgh.harvard.edu) wrote:
>
>: Also, Nishimoto (here at MGH now) has shown the IGF2R (M6PR) can
>: activate G-proteins. Is this widely understood and does it make sense?
>
>There are claims in the literature that the insulin receptor can also
>activate G proteins (I think it was G_i) -- these claims are regularly
>refuted by other groups :-) But currently it seems that non-seven-TM-
>helix-receptors can couple to G proteins as well. Does this make sense?
>I don't know. Receptor crosstalk seems to be an important issue in
>vivo, and this would add additional opportunities (and make the system
>even more complicated).
>
>--Cornelius.
>
>--
>/* Cornelius Krasel, Abt. Lohse, Genzentrum, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany */
>/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
>/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */

Interactions between G proteins and non-seven-TM-receptors can't be excluded.
But interactions between non-G-protein pathway and G-protein pathway seem
to be real.  And this could account for more complicated physiological

Stephane