Good Genl Public books on Cell Biol

Ben Kruskal kruskal at a1.tch.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 4 14:57:22 EST 1994

Good college textbooks on cell biology include Alberts', which you
mentioned, and Darnell's, which is called something like "Molecular
Cell Biology."  Both are excellent and comprehensive; I can't recommend
one over the other.

For the general public:  Scientific American (WH Freeman is the
Publisher) put out a beautifully illustrated book on cell biology for
the intelligent layman some years ago.  I can't remember the title,
although the word "cell" does occur in it somehow; however, Christan de
Duve was one of the authors or editors.