Colchicine solution stability

Robin Dover R_DOVER at icrf.icnet.uk
Tue Oct 11 06:52:43 EST 1994

In article <199409091802.LAA16377 at net.bio.net>,
baskin at BIOSCI.MBP.MISSOURI.EDU (Tobias Baskin) wrote:

> Greetings,
>         Any colchicine aficionados listening?

I'd echo Dennis Goode's comments in mammalian cells Colchicine is toxic
outside of Mitosis, kills arrested cells faster than other agents so that
underestimates may be possible and is not very efficient anyway!
Vincristine/Vinblastine are better.
There hasn't been much to my knowledge done to compare these agents an old
but good reference is Tannock Exp Cell Res 47 345 1967....but thats not on
plants!
Good luck

--
Live forever or die trying