Rabies

mhughes at mbcf.stjude.org mhughes at mbcf.stjude.org
Mon Oct 24 20:33:38 EST 1994

In article <385mno$ao1 at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>, x93dxq5b at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (Stephen Zatuchni) writes:
> I have been asked to do research which involves my gaining a limited
> understanding of virology, specifically: rabies (diagnosis and vectors
> primarily in cats and dogs, raccoons and wolves, deer and squirrels);
> filoviruses (including a morphological comparison with rabies);
> retroviruses; "non-clinical" viruses, inter-species transmission; and,
> rates and frequency of viral mutation.
>
> A contemporary (i.e., post-1992) handbook would be ideal. The source has
> to be academically first-rate. I have access to medical, university and
> public libraries.

  Dear Stephen,
	The most complete andup-to-date reference I can think of is 'Virology'
edited by Fields.  It's a pricey two volume set and may be more than your
looking for but it is definitely THE source for general virology, and covers
some of both clinical and general info.
	 I hope this helps.
	 Sincerely,

	Mark Hughes