RT-PCR

xia at WARREN.MED.HARVARD.EDU xia at WARREN.MED.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Oct 27 16:22:10 EST 1994

          Hi, there
          Does anybody has experience on using RT-PCR to detect
          unspliced pre-mRNA. Is it possible to detect it?
          I've been trying to detect a pre-mRNA which I know exist by
          nuclear run-off assay, but I could not get any signal using
          two different RT-PCR kits from Perkin Elmer. Using the kit I
          can easily detect mature mRNA from the total RNA
          preparation. But even I used nuclear RNA, still no signal
          for pre-mRNA. Is nuclear run-off more sensitive than RT-PCR?
          welcome any suggestions or comments
          Many Thanks!