Removing dead cells from animal cell culture

orly.internet{orly at vms.huji.ac.il} orly.internet{orly at vms.huji.ac.il}
Thu Oct 27 14:56:21 EST 1994

  To: cell-biology at net.bio.net
  From: orly at vms.huji.ac.il

Hello all,

   Does anybody know of a good method to remove dead cells from
an animal cell culture? More specifically, I'm working on granulosa
cells from rat ovaries, and the dead cells _per-se_ do not
constitute a problem culture-growthwise. They *are* a pain
when I try to perform some imaging operations (using immunofluorescent
techniques), since the dead cells create some artifacts. I've been
using DNase I, with limited success. Any input would be appreciated.
Please email directly, or post on this newsgroup.

                            Thanks in advance,
                                        Iddo Friedberg