CellBiol

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Thu Sep 8 20:50:39 EST 1994

> Hi,
>
> The new subscription method (address) of Cell Biology is different than the old
>  one. Will those who already subscribe to this newsgroup be affected? I mean,
> need we do the subscription process again in order to keep the subscription?
>
> Thank you.

No.  I am copying this response to the newsgroup in case anyone else
has a similar question.  Those who already get the CELL-BIOLOGY
newsgroup by e-mail from net.bio.net do not need to do anything to
maintain their current e-mail subscription.  Those who participate in
bionet.cellbiol via USENET also are completely unaffected, of course.
However, if current e-mail subscribers at net.bio.net want to cancel
their subscription, it will be necessary to send in the line

unsubscribe cellbiol

instead of "unsubscribe cell-biology" as was needed previously.

Sorry for the change, but several of our lists that were set up prior
to the introduction of our subscription e-mail server were
inconsistent with the method that we have been using now.  We will be
standardizing on using just the 8 character e-mail address in the
subscribe and unsubscribe server commands.  The mailing list names,
while more descriptive of the purpose of the list, are longer and thus
more prone to be input incorrectly when people try to subscribe.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net