etched coverslips

Matthew Sachs msachs at ADMIN.OGI.EDU
Sun Sep 18 16:00:29 EST 1994

>In article <pataky-150994135512 at>, Dave Pataky
>> Hey!
>> Anyone out there in tissue culture- or histology land ever hear of
>> company called Bellco?  They were cited in a paper as the suppliers
>> coverslips with a 0.6x0.6mm grid etched into them, ideal for
>counting cells
>> etc.  If anyone knows the phone number of Bellco or anyone else who
>> etched coverslips I would be eternally grateful for the information.
>Never heard of Bellco, but Eppendorf make etched coverslips called
>Cellocate. They're OK, but the quality of the etching on individual
>slips is variable and sometimes very difficult to see under phase
>Peter Mulderry,
>Edinburgh, Scotland.
>mulderry at

Bellco Glass
340 Edrudo Road
PO Box B
Vineland, NY  08630-0017
U.S. (not New Jersey) 800-257-7043

Their 1992 catalog lists stock number 1916-92525: 25 x 25 mm photoetched
coverslips, 520 unique (600 micron square) alphanumeric coded grids.

Matthew Sachs
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
20000 NW Walker Road
P.O. Box 91000
Portland, OR  97291-1000
503 690-1487 Phone