ccd usability range, intracell.Na+

misiak at ac.dal.ca misiak at ac.dal.ca
Wed Sep 21 09:27:27 EST 1994

Hi,
I am using a Videoscope CCD+image intensifier for cell sodium concentration
studies. I'm having problems with finding the "usability window" for the
camera at low light (the technique implies photographing fluorescence of
SBFI, a fluorescent sodium dye at 2 wavelengths in uv - very much like in the
case of FURA2 for Ca++). THe camera's response is not linear at these light
levels, and I'm concerned, that I may be introducing bias in the 340/380
nm ratios with camera settings. Could someone please advise me on the most
efficient way of defining the useful range of the camera...
Thanks,
Grazyna Tokarczyk
Dept of Oceanography
Dalhousie Univ.