Actin purification

Royston E. Carter PhD carter at DRUID.HSC.COLORADO.EDU
Tue Sep 27 14:47:39 EST 1994

Hi,
I need help on methiods for the purification of actin.  I have a protocol
from Pardee & Spudich, Meth. Cell Biol., 24: 271 (1982).
There are a few points about which I am not clear:
1) How fresh does the tissue have to be?
2) Can I make acetone powder from frozen tissue?
3) Can I store purified actin as a lyophillized powder, or frozen at -70 C?
4) Does anyone know of a better protocol in the literature?

I would be grateful for any tips anyone has to offer.
Thanks in advance
Roy