Vacuoles/Empty spaces in Endothelial cells

Dowdy Jackson djack at
Sun Apr 2 02:10:48 EST 1995

In article <3lgj78$6kr at>,
P. Friedl <di58 at> wrote:
>Concerning the suitability of FCS or NCS for endothelial cells: NCS is better.
>We tested 9 different lots of NCS and found 3 lots suitable to promote
>EC growth at densities of 50-100 cells per cm2, whereas none out of 20
>different lots of FCS was suitable. Ref.: Cytotechnology (1989) 2, 171-179

Was the media supplemented with either bFGF or endothelial cell growtth
supplement ?

Dowdy Jackson
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology
Northwestern University