Signal sequence and the "zip code" hypothesis

Miledi Lab qnguyen at darwin.bio.uci.edu
Sun Apr 9 15:23:49 EST 1995

Andrew at mccaddon.demon.co.uk (Andrew McCaddon) wrote:
>In article <3m2cc1$4m at news.service.uci.edu>
>           qnguyen at darwin.bio.uci.edu "Miledi Lab" writes:
>Dear Quoc,
>Is this Blobels signal hypothesis or am I way off the mark? Even if it is
>I'm afraid I have no reference other than the author Blobel. (the o is with
>an umlaut but I can't do that on my keyboard :-)
>
>Andrew
>
>--
>Dr Andrew McCaddon  Wrexham           The Internet:
>                    Clwyd             "One small step for me,
>                    North Wales        One giant leap for my 'phone bill."

That's the one! I looked under Blobel, Peter Walter, and Rapoport, without finding any reference
on the so-called "zip code". Thanks for your help, anyway...

Quoc Thang NGUYEN
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
Dept. of Psychobiology
University of California, Irvine
Irvine CA92717 USA
Tel: (714) 824-4730