Programs to calculate Ca2+/EGTA

martens_me at MRICD4.APGEA.ARMY.MIL martens_me at MRICD4.APGEA.ARMY.MIL
Thu Apr 13 14:32:45 EST 1995

Sean Patterson wrote:

>I'm looking for Mac or PC programs to calculate free Ca2+ concenrations
>in the presence of Ca2+/EGTA buffers. Can ayone point me to commercial
>or non-commercial sources? Please reply

EQCAL from Biosoft will do these types of calculations.  I have the IBM-PC
compatible version.  I don't know if they have a version for the Mac, but
suspect that they do.  The addresses for Biosoft are:

49 Bateman Street, Cambridge, CB2 1LR, UK
PO Box 10938, Ferguson, MO 63135, USA

Margaret Martens