synchronization of cell lines

Howard T. Petrie h-petrie at ski.mskcc.org
Thu Apr 13 11:20:42 EST 1995

We have been trying for some time now to synchronize (preferably in M
phase) several murine cell lines that we work with, two lymphoid and one
myeloid.  We have extensively tried protocols using colcemid and
Nycodazole, as well as limited attempts with other approaches.  The
problem we are experiencing is that any concentration which is apparently
effective at blocking mitosis is also toxic.  We have tried titrations of
both time and drug concentration without improvement.  The benefit of
anyone else's experience would be greatly appreciated.