Zeocin - selectable marker

Martin Kennedy mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz
Sun Apr 16 05:50:48 EST 1995

Hi,

Anybody know anything about "Zeocin", which is apparently a
dominant selectable marker used in the new Invitrogen expression
vectors.  According to some blurb in a recent Nature Medicine, it
is a new antibiotic that is more active than hygromycin or G418,
and the resistance gene functions in both bacteria and mammalian
cells, so that only one selectable marker is needed in these
vectors.

I'd appreciate more info (I'll contact our Invitrogen agency when
the world re-opens on Tuesday, but thought I might get some
feedback from the Net sooner than that)!

Thanks in advance,

Martin

		Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750