MTT assay

j.lamb pat029 at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 09:49:40 EST 1995

My colleague, when conducting MTT assay in accordance with the method of Mosman
finds a precipitate after the addition of the isopropanol/0.04M HCl which is
used to solubilize the forzan product. The original paper claims that the
isopropanol can be added directly to the culture medium. Even when we aspirate
the medium before the solubilization step a precipitate forms. We suspected
originally that this was a reaction related to our drug treatments but this does
not appear to be the case.
Has anyone else observed this phenomenon?