Bio-listic transformation of mammalian cells

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 28 14:15:48 EST 1995

Anyone out there have experience with the Biollistic method of cell
transformation?  (I.e. load the DNA onto little tungsten or gold
particles and shoot it into the cells.)  In particular, we are
considering this for use in transforming mammalian cells (in particular B
lymphoblastoid) and for stable transfections.

Almost all the literature seems to be on plant transformations, with an
occasional in vivo transgenic generation and a rare transient
transformation of mammalian cells.  Has anyone got broader experience?
Any experience at all?

Reply to me, and if there's enough feedback I'll post a summary to the
groups.

Thanks.

Ian
--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627