Forced accumulation of secretory proteins?

George F Edick edickg at
Tue Apr 25 11:04:29 EST 1995

We use monensin from Sigma to inhibit the secretion of fibronectin from
human skin fibroblasts. The drug is used at a concentration of 5x10^-7M. I
have found this to work so well that we use it in a student lab course with
essentially 100% inhibition of FN secretion. The fibronectin trapped in the
Golgi can be easily seen using immunofluroesent techniques. See Ledger et
al(1980) J Cell Biol. 87:663-671 for more information. Good luck.

George Edick
RPI - Dept. Biology
Troy, NY  12180
edickg at