Help: Need Awful Slides

Rich Miller millerr at umich.edu
Wed Aug 9 09:12:32 EST 1995

Would you be willing to donate some rotten slides -- of the white
elephant variety -- for a good cause?

I am trying to accumulate a small collection of poorly designed
projection slides: 2 x 2 inch format, and either black and white or
color.  I'm giving a course for graduate students next semester on how to
analyze and present their own data, and I'd like to show them some
examples of slides that tried nobly but failed miserably.  Possible
flaws: too much data squeezed into too little space; mauve-on-charcoal
color coordination; labels out of sync with the data or at odd angles;
fancy fonts that now seem too 80's, etc.  If you have a few slides like
these, perhaps produced by that graduate student who dropped out of bench
research to accept the $200,000/yr job in the advertising business, would
you be willing to send some to me for use in my course?  I'd be glad to
acknowledge your contribution in the course syllabus, or else keep your
name out of it, as you prefer.

Mailing address:

Rich Miller
University of Michigan