HT-29 cell transfection

Gill Diamond gdiamond at njmsa.UMDNJ.EDU
Wed Aug 9 13:54:50 EST 1995

cfisher at INTNET.UPJ.COM writes:

>We're attempting to introduce DNA into HT-29 cells with Lipofectamine
>without much success.  Has anyone out there used Lipofectamine
>with HT-29 cells with any success?

I've heard that it only works with electroporation.  Indeed, we've gotten
it to work that way.  (Unfortunately we've run into some problems with
that, too.  So if anyone has any suggestions on how to better transfect
HL-60s, I'd be happy to hear them.)  I can send the conditions I used
(back when it worked) if you need.
Gill Diamond, Ph.D.			Internet: gdiamond at umdnj.edu
Department of Anatomy, Cell Biolgy	Voice: (201) 982-3324
   and Injury Sciences			Fax:  (201) 982-7489
UMDNJ