Cell proliferation

Colin Rasmussen colin_rasmussen at darwin.biochem.ualberta.ca
Wed Aug 9 11:31:45 EST 1995

In article <9508091524.AA17118 at ing.ula.ve>, salmen at ING.ULA.VE ("Salmen H.
Siham ", Prof. Fac. de Medicina) wrote:

>  Does anyone could inform me about where to find information on
> Cell proliferation determination without any radiactive mterials?
>  I wold like to substitute for ever the H3 using.

BMB sells a kit to use incorporation of BrdU and the detection of
incorporation of said nucleotide by immunofluorescence.  We have routinely
used the kit instead of 3H-Thymidine and find it works very well.  What
you get is a percent of nuclei incorporating which doesn't say much about
actual rates of DNA synthesis but does give an estimate of the fraction of
the culture that is in S-phase.  If that's all you need then I would
recommend it to you.

Colin