chromatin condensation and cleavage

LOCKSHIN, RICHARD A YPRLBIO at sjumusic.stjohns.edu
Mon Aug 14 09:13:16 EST 1995

cleavage to large fragments (50-200 kD) probably occurs before
cleavage to ladder sizes--Sikorska & Walker, Biochem. Cell Biol.
1994, released ca Feb, 1995--and the condensation can occur
before distinct ladders are seen--Oberhammer, Sikorska, & others,
ca 2 years ago.  There have been a couple of very recent papers
on the condensation, but it is certainly not a chromosome-by-
chromosome condensation as in mitosis.
Richard A. Lockshin/Dept. Biol. Sci. St. John's U. 8000 Utopia Pkwy
Jamaica NY 11439 USA/Phone 718: 990-1854/ Fax 718: 380-8543
[email address may change soon]