Steve Rogers srogers at
Sun Dec 17 14:27:23 EST 1995

In article <4ascum$fed at>, bLangridge at (Bill
Langridge) wrote:

*** We are staining chromosomes for cell sorting. Can anyone tell me how
*** long one can keep a chromomycin A3 stock solution? It goes into
*** solution slowly and therefore makes it difficult to plan experiments on
*** short notice if one must make the stock soln fresh each time.
*** Thanks for your help!
*** Bill Langridge

Hi Bill,
I dissolve chromomycin (from Sigma) in PBS + 5 mM Mg to 100 mcg/mL.
Aliquots are then stored at -20 for up to a year+  with no loss of
staining.  Hope this helps.

Steve Rogers
Dept. of Cell & Structural Biology and the
Beckman Institute - Optical Visualization Facility
Univ. of Illinois @ C-U
srogers at