gel scanning/analysis

jordan shin ZM00023 at uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu
Tue Feb 7 11:57:00 EST 1995

I am looking to set up a way to record our westerns and ethidium gels
using a system based around out macs (AV).  I would preferably like
to use off the shelf components and in addition to recording them
for archival/presentation purposes, would also like to get some
relatively quantitative information from the data.  I have looked
at some of the commercial units and was boggled by the number of
bucks they wanted and figured that we could do better.

Any ideas/opnions would be appreciated.
TIA.
| JORDAN THOMAS SHIN                  |VOICE:    (205) 934-5856             |
| UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA AT BIRMINGHAM |FAX:      (205) 975-2539             |
| DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY               |INTERNET: ZM00023 at UABDPO.DPO.UAB.EDU |
| 1900 UNIVERSITY BOULEVARD           | SEMPER UBI SUB UBI...               |
| BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA  35294          |                                     |