Cell Physiology Course

Wed Feb 8 06:55:25 EST 1995

Differentiating tissues fit the category of "excitable". and their
homoiogenetic induction probably involves ion channels and second
messengers. See:

Bjorklund, N.K. & R. Gordon (1993). Nuclear state splitting: a working
model for the mechanochemical coupling of differentiation waves to master
genes. Russian J. Dev. Biol.  24 (2), 79-95.