lanthanum in media?

alan alan
Thu Feb 9 11:00:00 EST 1995

I'm starting studies on calium fluxes in whole tick salivary glands incubated for about 4 hours.
Literature suggests 5mM lanthanum chloride should inhibit fluxes for other sysytems.
Unfortunately, dissoling appropriate amount of lanthanum chloride heptahydrate causes a fluffy cloud-like precipitate in the media.
The media I use is M199 (Sigama Cat#M-0393).
Does anybody know what the precipitate is? and more importantly any suggestions to circumvent the problem?