post-doc wanted

Laurent Seroude seroude at cix.cict.fr
Mon Feb 13 06:47:54 EST 1995

I'm actually finishing a phD in the field of molecular genetic of
development of the fruitfly Drosophila melanogaster. I tried to
determine molecular basis of functionnal specifity of the homeotic gene
proboscipedia. Before my phD I also worked on :
- genetic of penicillin resistance in streptococcus pneumoniae
- transposition of bacterial insertion sequence IS911
- genomic structure of Drosophila poly(A)-binding-protein
So I've 4 to 6 years of experience in :
- DNA cloning, sequencing, PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, Southern
- transgenesis
- recombinant proteins purification, Western, band-shift, footprint
I've also a strong experience of computer in the field of
biology(Macintosh first but also PC and Unix) :
- Excel, AppleScript, HTML programmation (creation of biology dedicated
soft or databases)
- conception-maintenance of lab network (Mac-PC-Unix)
I'm looking for a post-doc position to begin in jan 1996 for working on
drosophila or mouse and eventually participate at the same time to a
computer project (generation of WWW server, databases, local
network...).
Thanks in advance for any proposition or suggestion.

Laurent Seroude
Centre de Biologie du Developpement
Université Paul Sabatier
118, route de narbonne