help please; about histon octamer

Daisuke Umeno umenotcm at mbox.nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 14 12:16:13 EST 1995

Hello, netters.
I'm graduate student in dept. chemistry and I'm really in trouble. I made
up my mind to post here because you, experts in this field can help us.
I have studied chemistry, so I have no carrier and few understanding (
except general understanding from textbook in biology / biochemistry.) But
in my study, I've been use DNA as target of chemical modification. Of
course this study has no relation with life science (at least for now).
But nowadays, I want to use histon octamer ( from chicken blood which is
said that it have  exact positioning site on certain DNA fragment )  in
the process of modification we are developing. But we don't know about
   (1) How and where to get this;  Can I buy it from somewhere? Or do I
have to ask to some professional biologist (or Biochemist) ?
   (2) How much is it; is it expensive ?
   (3) How to handle it; Is it too difficult for us chemist to deal it, or
relatively easy to handle like restriction enzymes which we purchase ? Can
I learn ? ( I have prenty of time )
   (4) And another info. about histon octamer / nucleosome positioning
I would be greatful if someone who know very well about this subject are
kind enough to give me some suggestion & coment. Any information would be
helpful foe me.
Thanks in advance.

--
Daisuke Umeno     (umenotcm at mbox.nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp)
Takagi Lab. Chem. Sci. & Tech. Kyushu Univ. Japan